Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Squirrels in the backs of my Thighs


I need to do this.  I’m learning thanks to Abraham Hicks primarily, although there are other sources as well, that my emotions are present to tell me things I otherwise would not be able to know about how I’m doing in creating my life.  I know that I have created my life so far and much of it is way behind where I want to be, so I am making an extra effort to pay attention and be quick to make the changes I need to make.   

I’ve been feeling “squirrely” (that seems to show up with discomfort in my stomach that is way overridden by goose bumpy thighs that feel like they are deserting ship, somehow) quite a bit these last three or four hours and since part of what I’m doing is looking at homes again, I’m reminded that I need to admit to seeing more and more clearly how negative and critical I can still be on a near constant basis.

I am grateful that as I am pricked in my mind that I am doing it again, I laugh as often as not which will hopefully allow me to release these habits faster.  I don’t expect you to have these same priorities but I look for clerestory windows (very hard to come by) or at least LOTS of windows well placed, a garage, a large (preferably oval) comfortable bathtub and clear preference if possible – washer/dryer.  

 I know after looking at lots of pictures that the kitchen very much matters as well – and I know it when I see it.  Keeping that in mind perhaps you concur with me that it seems utterly (and having seen enough of it, ridiculously) absurd to have what few pictures accompany most houses be of the “wrong” things.  I mean, come on, am I going to live in the community pool?  Do I really need three views of the same back yard tree without being able to see the back yard?  And, what is this?  No one who is not looking at it in context is going to have the least idea what this even is.  And, why show me all these pictures of the bathrooms with no way of being able to guess if there is an actual bathtub in there?  It’s heartbreaking!

Maybe you do it, too.  Nitpick and nag, possibly even curse in frustration as you do something you need to do, perhaps want to do, when you find yourself relying on others choices to make decisions.  Learn to notice what your head is filled with.  Pay attention to your dominant thought.  I’m beginning to really get it that it’s what we do inside ourselves that determines our circumstances.  I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you what you want to create.  I’m really having a good time though turning my circumstances around to my greater advantage.  Secretly, I have always wanted things to be better.  Now, I know I can expect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment