Monday, January 2, 2012

Peace, and Getting In to the Vortex or Whatever


Ah, there it is:  The memory of the paper within my chest.   The 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, plain white; I notice it dangling:  telling me my purse is ok.  Let me explain.  Mania, like bipolar as a whole, has its own spectrum – I’m talking the frenzied, fast talking, mind flittering end of mania; like some of you with too much to drink, or the buzz on from something else.  I had a bunch of new credit cards, for me a bunch could have been one then, but I had more.  And I couldn’t find my purse.  Didn’t I always know exactly where my purse was?  Wasn’t I paranoid enough already to not let it out of my sight?  And yet it seemed to be nowhere.

I was in a cheesy “resort inn” bathroom with what seemed like a literal bevy of other women.  In anxiousness I asked everyone loudly, “have you seen my purse?  I need it right now!”  And that’s when it came.  So odd!  To describe it I finally settled on the dangling paper.  It was such a solid peaceful feeling!  I could no longer feel the anxiety or the mania.  Wow!  It truly seemed a miracle.  No purse, just a conviction I needn’t panic – no need.  Whew!  So now what?  I moved out of the crowded bathroom, went back to the conference room, my mind cleared; I remembered talking with folks in the third row.  There it was, undisturbed, on the floor by the chair I had sat in.  My credit cards were not maligned – until I, myself, tackled them later, as a manic always will.

I tell you that experience for a number of reasons.  One, ‘tis (or has been) the season where we talk peace a lot more than usual.  That experience was many years ago and I have always held on to the memory for the great peace it brought me.  I don’t recall doing anything different than my usual to receive that.  I believe it was an incredible gift.  I believe it was a lesson for me or teaching, somehow.  I’m certain I was meant to remember it and share it.
 
Secondly, I had another experience somewhat like that in reference to one of my sons, many years after.  My son is immeasurably more precious than any purse or any number of credit cards.  There was more even to that experience but the key connection was that feeling – that peace.  I have to say it like this:  the peace that surpasses everything, understanding, indeed.

Those of you who’ve had experiences anything like that; I encourage you to keep them in the forefront of your memory.  Hone the sharpness of your memory of them by talking about those experiences with people you know you can.  Match them together when there’s more than one.  I’m convinced they mean more than we know and they can succor us time and again.

So that what I say next does not seem so abruptly out of context, I’ll let you know that it is in reference to Abraham-Hicks and all the vortex talk.  I never really liked the term vortex too much.  I connected it to destructive forces of nature, the toilet and too many letters at the end of the alphabet, the v and the x, beginning and end:  how about I picture my purse.   I could hang it in the center of my chest cavity (like that piece of paper I spoke of earlier), carry it with me always, know where it is and access it.  Speaking of accessing it – what just now worked for me personally is thinking of Mae West’s walk in “I’m No Angel” and reading my blog posts in realityvbliss – maka me happy – and there I am – I’m in! Voila!  Cool!  Cool!  Cool!

See ya, or I should say, write to you, later, AZ folks.  Be safe.  K

No comments:

Post a Comment